Monday 2 July 2007

Curry night

Well, I somehow, and at very short notice got myself involved in cooking curry for 8 people on Saturday night. I read a recipe book, trapsed around all the finest foodstores I could find, looking for the right ingredients, and came up with a selection of dishes to offer my friends. I did also manage to use up some leftover Sharwoods curry that I'd made earlier in the week (CHEAT!)

One of the major drawbacks of sausageland is that they, as a nation, are not curry lovers. They do have a favourite dish known as 'currywurst' but anyone who has sampled it will know that it is a very poor form of curry, most probably made using curry powder ketchup and water, pored over a chopped up 'wurst' (sausage). I refuse to eat it, and as a result me and my rostbeef friends are resigned to cooking for ourselves or going to the very expensive "shalimar" restaurant.

SO, after a MAJOR stressful saturday cooking and shopping, dinner was served at 9pm, and everyone enjoyed it, thank goodnes, and as yet, no reports of food poisoning. hoorah! The dinner was followed by the customary visit to Fatties Irish bar. my memory ceased to function beyond my first drink, which was certainly felt the next day, as I spent to whole day in bed watching the second series of Monk. I've not been so sick in ages, and, as usuall...I'm never drinking again!

Fatties!
all the pics

No comments: