Monday 23 July 2007

Festival trip


Our favourite bar manager (and my old boss) VC invited us along to a trance festival. I was slightly apprehensive, as I haven't been to a festival for a long time, but went along to see what would happen. we ended up having a really good time, as did all the others in our 10+ group of people. the 6 hour drive was not too bad, epecially as I managed to get away with only a 2 hour stint. we arrived just before sunset on friday and our tent was alredy pitched for us by friends. cool!

we danced all night under a starry sky and, on saturday relaxed in the sun, while the local fire service hosed down some of the crowd, clearly the dissapointment of a lack of runaway barbeque fires was too much. Some of us were 'eaten alive' by the mosquitoes, luckily I do not suffer from them much, but VC was suffering badly.

By day
Saturday night was the big night, and the visitors numbers grew through the day. we sat drinking chai in the afternoon. At 9.30 the main dance floor started up with a big firewoks display, and live music. It was great, after dark, the lights and decorations made it look as if we were inside a massive marquee, but in fact we were outdoors. really clever. Until it started to rain. It rained all night and we all got wet. At least our tent managed to keep out the rain.


By night
all in all I would say that my fears of it being a strange disaster weekend were unfounded, and a good time was has by all, plus I discovered a fab new drink called becks lemon, it tastes like lemon, but has the effect of beer. brilliant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh alcho-pops, shes discovered them...

Glad you are haveing a good time - the lights look spectacular!

I left a comment on here weeks back but I see it never got on the blog. Maybe you censored me but its more likely I expect that my internet connection went funny?

Lots of love from the Jing

Hx

Mrs V said...

oooh....I think perhaps it failed to get to me. sorry! Hope all is well in luckyland, xx