Wednesday 29 October 2008

Flickr or Picasa?



there are so many online photo album sites, each with a different approach. I did a bit of photo-box, to which my mum and sister are devotees, but got bored with it. Then I did an album on Flickr, but abandoned it when I started my blog and decided to commit to Picasa, because it has the same login as blogger, which is quite a daft reason, although it is good. But now I'm having a new dilema, I have re-discovered Flickr and want to defect.

I did some work recently, which required using some images that I don't already have, and I found loads of fantastic images on Flickr, from peoples albums, that I could 'borrow' How cool is that? I know it is a big debate, the whole creative property thing, but with Flickr you can choose whether to allow others to use your images or not. Now, I am certain that my friend HCC would be AGAHST at my keenness to join this gigantic worldwide photo give-away, but I take heaps of mediocre pictures, because I love the colour or whatever, and then just squirrel them away on my hard drive to little effect.

I want to share them.

So I want to defect, but have got a lot of pictures in Picasa, which is a bit annoying, I suppose I shall have to leave them there like a time capsule. It's the unfinished book scenario again, I shall just have to live with this one too.

No comments: