Wednesday 5 December 2012

First crochet project

Having a nasty cold has been a real boost to my crochet plan, since I can happily sit on the sofa in the evening and get on with it, in the name of recuperation.
Here's my first project, baby leg warmers. I admit this was not the simplest of projects, as it involved a variety of stitch techniques. The first effort, on the right,using a Debbie Bliss organic cotton, went a bit awry, and I could not work out why the ribs were not looking 'ribby'. You tube came to the rescue, and I realised that I needed to hook through the back loop , not the front loop as I had been. I was thinking all back to front. So now my first success, in pink DK baby merino, Miss V has been proudly sporting my effort, while I make the second one. Bless her, little does she know the plans I have for her!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Billericay,United Kingdom

No comments: