Thursday 2 August 2007

It's arrived!

yes, the moment I have been waiting for, the arrival of MY NEW SEWING MACHINE. Now it may seem rather odd to those non-sewers of you out there, but I can admit freely that I have always hankered after an industrial sewing machine. The fast staight line stitching, the ability to glide through several layers of fabric, and even to sew chunky denim and wool, are all attractive capabilities, you have to agree.

I decided I must have this wonderful piece of equipment after making the first few prototype handbags for my business, after much snarled up thread, and several frustatingly slow sewing hours, I realised that my 2 small domestic machines were really too feeble to match my ambitious plan for sewing. I scoured E-bay, and found a couple of things, but had no real idea what I was looking at, so contacted a dealer in the UK, who gave me the number for Mr L, in a town up the road. I went to visit Mr L, and he showed me his big warehouse full of machines, I phoned him up the next day to let him know what I had decided I wanted, and hey presto, here it is, or should I say 'here she is'? hmmm, should a sewing machine be male or female? I think perhaps I shall reserve judgement on that question, until continued use reveals the machine's reliability.

At this point I should let you see a photo of the fantastic thing:

and, of course, thank my Grandparents, who's post mortem generosity has enabled this business investment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to have new kit - I hope it means you can sew everything your heart desires.

Seems like you are really going for it - Good for you!