Saturday 9 February 2008

New Years Eve

On New years eve I met up with my friends (presently I have about 3 friends here! - not bad going really) and we were lucky enough to have front row seats at an in-promptu firework display, thanks to a kitchen full of chefs, who appeared from a door in the wall beside the bar we were in, and set off lots of bangers in the street with great excitement, and then 15 minutes later dissapeared again into the door in the wall. The funniest part was that they all kept their chefs hats on, while running around lighting the very short fuses and dashing to take cover before the big bangs. They were having so much fun, and it was really entertaining.

This was not the only fireworks display in town, as you can imagine. There were bangs and crashes all over town all evening.

We made our way to a restaurant up the street, along with 100 or so others for a New Years meal. It was interesting, we met a few people, and then on to a nightclub. The nightclub was, well, a night club. lots to drink, a bit of dancing etc etc. I actually was not overly excited by the club, I mean it was good and enjoyable, but, not every week thank you..... well- maybe i'm just being a bit Bah Humbug. After all it was only last week that I found myself dancing on the bar in some latino place in front of all my new colleagues. I'm still wondering whether that was a clever thing to do or not...

perhaps i should give myself a rest for a while!

No comments: