Monday 4 February 2008

sunshine Sunday

I was woken by the sun shining through my window, FINALLY! what a relief. I hopped in a cab with my new colleague who is also new here, and we headed directly downtown to view the sights. It may be sunny, but it still remains cold as ice, so I am very glad I packed my big puffa coat.

we mingled with the rest of the tourists avoiding the street salesman offering us watches and handbags, and walked up the central shopping street, heading for a funky moroccan bar where we had a bit of lunch. I had a big big smile on my face today, the sun really cheered me up, and I'm happy to be here.

Yesterday I got my Teach-yourself language kit out, and started on my pronunciation. I hope nobody over heard me as I sat there in my room repeating all the foreign sounds from the cd! I'm determined to master a bit of this language, from my experience in Sausageland, I know that speaking some of the local lingo can seriously improve your enjoyment of a place. Lets see how it goes...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.